Your Nose Knows. There is mold in your Air Conditioner!

Mold has become a big topic recently and with good reason. Mold can make you feel miserable because it causes a host of symptoms. Stuffiness, coughing, headaches and fatigue are just a few of the nuisances that mold can cause. What you may not realize is a huge source of aggravating mold is right in your home. Your air conditioner is the perfect environment for growing huge amounts of mold.So how do you know if you have mold growing inside your air conditining system? Most often your nose knows. If you notice a musty odor when you turn on your air conditioner and while the system is running, the odds are very high that you do indeed have mold growing in the moist dark areas of your a/c system. Mold spores grow and the microscopic spores are then blown throughout your enire home as cooled air is distributed.
There are several ways mold gets into your a/c. When the outside unit is left uncovered in the winter, dust and dirt accumulate on the coils. Then as water condenses on these dirty coils, mold begins to grow. Other ways mold gets into your system is through using ineffective or dirty air filters, having the air intake located in a moldy basement or other areas where debris is present or last from any moisture leaking in the ductwork.
The most effective way to eradicate mold is by having a UV Germicidal Light placed directly into your ductwork. Using the same technology as used in hospitals to prevent the spread of infectious diseases, the UV light will kill 99% of the mold sores and 87% of the airborne bacteria and viruses that are lurking in your ductwork. The result is improved overall air quality, relief from allergy symptons, a reduction in colds and flu and the added comfort of a clean fresh smelling home. This is not hype! The difference is nothing short of amazing.
Right now, MTB Heating and Air is offering our UV Germicidal Light for $399, which is $100 off the regular price. Give us a call today to learn more about this system.