Poor indoor air quality can make you feel sick. It can exacerbate allergy symptoms as well as cause headaches and fatigue. One way to help improve your indoor air quality is to place air purifying houseplants around your home. Below is a list of the best air purifying plants available.* Spider plants- Spider plants remove poisonous gases, formaldehyde and xylene. They are one of the best plants to place in the kitchen or near fireplaces where carbon monoxide accumulates.
* Boston fern- As natural humidifiers, Boston ferns release moisture into the air while removing pollutants like benzene, formaldehyde and xylene.
* English ivy- English ivy removes benzene, formaldehyde and various off-gas chemicals released by sythetics. This is one of the best air purifying plants for people with asthma and allergies.
* Areca palm- Areca palms are humidifying plants that remove formaldehyde and xylene.
* Aloe vera- Air purifiers like aloe vera filter various gases from dangerous toxic materials. Its gel is used to soothe skin burns.
* Chinese evergreen- One of the best air purifying plants, the Chinese evergreen removes benzene and formaldehyde.
* Snake plant- Snake plants have been found by NASA scientists to have the remarkable ability to absorb formaldehyde, nitrogen oxides and a variety of other airborne chemicals.
* Peace lily- Peace lilies reduce harmful indoor pollutants that may cause cancer. It is also one of the best air purifying plants for fighting pollution and absorbing excess carbon monoxide.
* Marginata- This plant renoves benzene, formaldehyde and other toxins from the air. But BEWARE! This plant can be poisonous to dogs.
For the most advanced air purifying products available, MTB Heating and Air offers several Whole Home Comfort options such as our Whole Home Filtration system and our UV Germicidal Light.
Help! Why Is Water Leaking From my Air Conditioner?
Water leaking from your air conditioner is more than an annoyance. It can cause serious problems, from water staining and […]
MTB Employee Spotlight: Meet Sally Walling
Sally Walling joined the MTB team over a year ago and works in the billing department for new construction. She […]