We are all aware of how energy bills can soar with the arrival of hot weather and air conditioning. There are some ways that you can stay comfortable and help keep your energy costs dowm. Use these tips below to lower your energy bills while staying cool and comfortable.* Set your air conditioner as high as comfortable. Keep inside air vents clear from furniture and other objects.
* Tune up your air conditioner and change your filters every month.
* Minimize indoor heat by running the dryer and dishwasher at night. On hot days, let your dishes air dry. Use the microwave or outdoor gril instead of the oven.
* Window, ceiling and whole-house fans are low cost ways to keep your home a little cooler.
* Wash clothes in cold water and clean the lint filter in the dryer after every use.
* Unplug appliances and electronincs when not in use.
* If you have a pool, consider slowly reducing filtration time by 30 minute increments daily. Continue to reduce the time as long as the pool stays clear.
Right now is the best time to get your air conditioner tuned up, before it has the demands of hot weather placed on it. Give MTB Heating and Air a call today to schedule your tune up.
MTB Employee Spotlight – Meet Joe Glenn
A warehouse and purchasing manager at MTB Mechanical, Joe has six children (two girls and four boys) and four grandchildren.
Stuck Inside This Winter? Remember These Tips to Help Keep Your Home’s Air Cleaner.
As the COVID-19 pandemic stretches on and everyone continues to work and turn their homes into virtual classrooms, it’s time to make sure you can breathe the cleanest indoor air.