We are all aware of how energy bills can soar with the arrival of hot weather and air conditioning. There are some ways that you can stay comfortable and help keep your energy costs dowm. Use these tips below to lower your energy bills while staying cool and comfortable.* Set your air conditioner as high as comfortable. Keep inside air vents clear from furniture and other objects.
* Tune up your air conditioner and change your filters every month.
* Minimize indoor heat by running the dryer and dishwasher at night. On hot days, let your dishes air dry. Use the microwave or outdoor gril instead of the oven.
* Window, ceiling and whole-house fans are low cost ways to keep your home a little cooler.
* Wash clothes in cold water and clean the lint filter in the dryer after every use.
* Unplug appliances and electronincs when not in use.
* If you have a pool, consider slowly reducing filtration time by 30 minute increments daily. Continue to reduce the time as long as the pool stays clear.
Right now is the best time to get your air conditioner tuned up, before it has the demands of hot weather placed on it. Give MTB Heating and Air a call today to schedule your tune up.
It’s fireplace season! Get cozy. Stay safe.
Before you gather around a crackling fire, MTB Mechanical shares a few tips to ensure your fireplace is safe to use and will be working optimally throughout the fall and…
Cleaner air. Humid air. Why both are so important for heating season.
The change of seasons brings a lot of other changes as well. Fall allergies make their unwelcome annual appearance. As we lose more daylight and the temperatures go down, we’ll…