It is important to get your home ready for the cold weather that is on its way. Preventataive maintenance is easier and cheaper than repairs and replacements. Below are some simple fall home maintnenance tasks that make a huge difference. Take care of them and then relax in the comfort of your warm home this winter.* Clean out gutters- Water can’t pass through if your gutters are clogged with leaves and debris. In the winter, standing water can freeze worsening the problem.
* Replace or repair leaking pipes- During winter, leaked water can freezae which makes repairs more difficult. Get a plumber to fix leaks when problems are more manageable and less likely to cause more damage.
* Seal leaks in windows and doors- Leaks allow cold air in and hot air to seep out. This will cause your heating system to not work as effectively as it should. Use weather stripping and caulk to seal leaks.
* Paint over wooden surfaces- Moisture can damage wooden surfaces and facilitate the growth of mold. Water runs off of painted wood but not off of peeling paint.
* Schedule a heat pump or furnace check up- Your heating system needs to be checked to ensure that is up to the task and running at peak efficiency.
* Make sure you have a working carbon monoxide detector.
Call MTB Heating and AIr today to schedule a tune-up on your Heating System.
MTB Employee Spotlight – Meet Joe Glenn
A warehouse and purchasing manager at MTB Mechanical, Joe has six children (two girls and four boys) and four grandchildren.
Stuck Inside This Winter? Remember These Tips to Help Keep Your Home’s Air Cleaner.
As the COVID-19 pandemic stretches on and everyone continues to work and turn their homes into virtual classrooms, it’s time to make sure you can breathe the cleanest indoor air.