It is important to get your home ready for the cold weather that is on its way. Preventataive maintenance is easier and cheaper than repairs and replacements. Below are some simple fall home maintnenance tasks that make a huge difference. Take care of them and then relax in the comfort of your warm home this winter.* Clean out gutters- Water can’t pass through if your gutters are clogged with leaves and debris. In the winter, standing water can freeze worsening the problem.
* Replace or repair leaking pipes- During winter, leaked water can freezae which makes repairs more difficult. Get a plumber to fix leaks when problems are more manageable and less likely to cause more damage.
* Seal leaks in windows and doors- Leaks allow cold air in and hot air to seep out. This will cause your heating system to not work as effectively as it should. Use weather stripping and caulk to seal leaks.
* Paint over wooden surfaces- Moisture can damage wooden surfaces and facilitate the growth of mold. Water runs off of painted wood but not off of peeling paint.
* Schedule a heat pump or furnace check up- Your heating system needs to be checked to ensure that is up to the task and running at peak efficiency.
* Make sure you have a working carbon monoxide detector.
Call MTB Heating and AIr today to schedule a tune-up on your Heating System.
Spooky Stories and Scary Tales From Attics and Crawl Spaces
Many horror movies start in scary places like up in the attic or in a dark, enclosed space. For MTB Mechanical technicians, that’s all in a day’s work.
Fighting Fall Allergens: Is Your Indoor Air Quality Ready for the New Season?
Along with beautiful foliage, cooler temperatures and pumpkin spice lattes, fall brings the one thing we don’t welcome: seasonal allergies. […]