Air Conditioning season is close at hand. Where it is always a good idea to get an annual tuneup for your system by an HVAC professional, there are some things homeowners can do to help get the best performance from your air conditioner. Below are some tips:* Clean dust or move objects away from the grates that supply air into each room. Do the same to the large return grate, usually in the hallway, to ensure proper air flow.
* Clear leaves and debris from the systems outdoor condenser unit grille. If the interior unit is dirty, contact your contractor to perform a power wash that will not bend the fins of the grille.
* Examine ducts in the attic or crawl space for holes, loose tape or separated sections that might leak air.
* Trim Shrubbery to allow at least two feet of clearance from the unit.
* Set the thrmostat mode to cooling to make sure it’s working. Contact your contractor if you hear any unusual noises.
* Replace your filter once a month to reduce airflow restrictions and wated energy.
* Make sure condensate line is clear to allow liquid runoff.
* Purchase an annual maintenance agreement for scheduled tuneups for your system.
MTB Supports St. Jude Dream Home in Raising $2 Million
MTB Mechanical is a proud supporter of the St. Jude Dream Home Charlotte, which raised $2 million for the battle against childhood cancer.
MTB Employee Spotlight – Patrick Hamilton
Working in the HVAC-field since 2009, Patrick was drawn to the role at MTB based on the company culture and vision.