Air Conditioning season is close at hand. Where it is always a good idea to get an annual tuneup for your system by an HVAC professional, there are some things homeowners can do to help get the best performance from your air conditioner. Below are some tips:* Clean dust or move objects away from the grates that supply air into each room. Do the same to the large return grate, usually in the hallway, to ensure proper air flow.
* Clear leaves and debris from the systems outdoor condenser unit grille. If the interior unit is dirty, contact your contractor to perform a power wash that will not bend the fins of the grille.
* Examine ducts in the attic or crawl space for holes, loose tape or separated sections that might leak air.
* Trim Shrubbery to allow at least two feet of clearance from the unit.
* Set the thrmostat mode to cooling to make sure it’s working. Contact your contractor if you hear any unusual noises.
* Replace your filter once a month to reduce airflow restrictions and wated energy.
* Make sure condensate line is clear to allow liquid runoff.
* Purchase an annual maintenance agreement for scheduled tuneups for your system.
45 Years of MTB: 5 Questions With Owner Jennifer Miller Thomas
This year represents MTB Mechanical's 45th anniversary of our commitment to providing heating and cooling services to the greater Charlotte area – an area we also call home.
10 Environmentally Friendly Home Cooling Tips
A few small changes around the house can add up to a big difference on your environmental impact.