It may be a while before cool “fall” weather hits the Carolinas, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get in the spirit and enjoy autumn with the family. Here are eight fun family-oriented activities and events within driving distance of Charlotte.
- Panthers Game | Various dates | Bank of America Stadium, 800 S. Mint St., Charlotte
- Take the family out for a day of cheering on the Panthers.
- Home Schedule:
- October 6 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- November 3 vs. Tennessee Titans
- November 17 vs. Atlanta Falcons
- U.S. National Whitewater Center’s Fall Festival | October 5 | 5000 Whitewater Center Pkwy, Charlotte
- Sample ciders and enjoy the outdoor air with live music at this free event. Also, take part in their fun activities like the “build your own boat” competition ($40 to enter).
- Lazy 5 Ranch Fall Festival | October 5 – 27 | 15100 Mooresville Road, Mooresville
- Spend the day feeding the giraffes, zebras and bison from the wagon ride, then have some fun with the pumpkin slingshot and giant corn box. Admission prices vary.
- Carolina Renaissance Festival | October 5 – November 24 | 16445 Poplar Tent Road, Huntersville
- Go back in time and eat turkey legs like it’s 1560. Tickets are $25 for adults and $14 for kids ages 5-12.
- SCarowinds | Through October 27 | 300 Carowinds Blvd, Charlotte
- Want a little fright? More than 500 scary creatures roam the amusement park at night. Ride your favorite roller coasters and venture into the haunted houses, if you dare. Tickets start at $32.
- Stepp’s Hillcrest Orchard | Through the end of October | 170 Stepp Orchard Dr, Hendersonville
- Grab some apple cider doughnuts and sip on their apple cider before venturing into the orchard. Pick Early Fuji, Jonathan, Mutsu, Jonagold, Red and Golden Delicious, and Cameo apples.
- Wise Acres Organic Farm | Through November 3 | 4701 Hartis Rd, Indian Trail
- Take the kids for a day full of wagon rides, petting farm animals and picking the perfect pumpkins for your Halloween decorations. Also, enjoy artisan pizza from their outdoor pizza kitchen.
- NC State Fair | October 17 – 27 | 1025 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh
- Who doesn’t love a good fair? Get deep fried Oreos and corn on a stick, look out over the fairground from the ferris wheel, and enjoy other activities at this annual celebration of North Carolina. Tickets are $10-13 for adults.
45 Years of MTB: 5 Questions With Owner Jennifer Miller Thomas
This year represents MTB Mechanical's 45th anniversary of our commitment to providing heating and cooling services to the greater Charlotte area – an area we also call home.
10 Environmentally Friendly Home Cooling Tips
A few small changes around the house can add up to a big difference on your environmental impact.