It may be a while before cool “fall” weather hits the Carolinas, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get in the spirit and enjoy autumn with the family. Here are eight fun family-oriented activities and events within driving distance of Charlotte.
- Panthers Game | Various dates | Bank of America Stadium, 800 S. Mint St., Charlotte
- Take the family out for a day of cheering on the Panthers.
- Home Schedule:
- October 6 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- November 3 vs. Tennessee Titans
- November 17 vs. Atlanta Falcons
- U.S. National Whitewater Center’s Fall Festival | October 5 | 5000 Whitewater Center Pkwy, Charlotte
- Sample ciders and enjoy the outdoor air with live music at this free event. Also, take part in their fun activities like the “build your own boat” competition ($40 to enter).
- Lazy 5 Ranch Fall Festival | October 5 – 27 | 15100 Mooresville Road, Mooresville
- Spend the day feeding the giraffes, zebras and bison from the wagon ride, then have some fun with the pumpkin slingshot and giant corn box. Admission prices vary.
- Carolina Renaissance Festival | October 5 – November 24 | 16445 Poplar Tent Road, Huntersville
- Go back in time and eat turkey legs like it’s 1560. Tickets are $25 for adults and $14 for kids ages 5-12.
- SCarowinds | Through October 27 | 300 Carowinds Blvd, Charlotte
- Want a little fright? More than 500 scary creatures roam the amusement park at night. Ride your favorite roller coasters and venture into the haunted houses, if you dare. Tickets start at $32.
- Stepp’s Hillcrest Orchard | Through the end of October | 170 Stepp Orchard Dr, Hendersonville
- Grab some apple cider doughnuts and sip on their apple cider before venturing into the orchard. Pick Early Fuji, Jonathan, Mutsu, Jonagold, Red and Golden Delicious, and Cameo apples.
- Wise Acres Organic Farm | Through November 3 | 4701 Hartis Rd, Indian Trail
- Take the kids for a day full of wagon rides, petting farm animals and picking the perfect pumpkins for your Halloween decorations. Also, enjoy artisan pizza from their outdoor pizza kitchen.
- NC State Fair | October 17 – 27 | 1025 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh
- Who doesn’t love a good fair? Get deep fried Oreos and corn on a stick, look out over the fairground from the ferris wheel, and enjoy other activities at this annual celebration of North Carolina. Tickets are $10-13 for adults.
How to Locate Your Furnace Filter
Knowing where your furnace filter is located is your first step to changing it regularly, assuring your furnace is running at top efficiency.
Why is My Heat Blowing Out Cold Air?
Your heater is blowing out cold air. This is a common problem and there are several causes from the thermostat to a dirty air filter.