We Offer Financing!MTB is now proudly servicing Kendal customers!

Learn More

Six Signs You May Have a Carbon Monoxide Problem

One of the things that makes carbon monoxide dangerous is that it is invisible. This is why it is so important to make sure that you have working carbon monoxide detectors inside your home. Even though you can’t actually see carbon monoxied, there are some signs that it is present. Below are six red flags to look for.* A formaldehyde type odor- An odor like this can idicate that fuels are not burning correctly. Improper combustion of fuels can create carbon monoxide gas.
* Eyes burning- If your eyes burn or sting when you are near your heating system it is an indication that your furnace isn’t burning fuel efficiently and may be releasing carbon monoxied.
* A change in the color of your furnace flame can be a sign of an increased presence of carbon monoxide.
* Soot- Soot on or around your furnaces components can indicate poor combustion or clogs in the heating elements which can cause a buildup of carbon monoxide in your home.
* Loose connections- Vents and flues that are loose can release carbon monoxide into the home.
* Condensation on interior window panes- This can be an idication that gases aren’t being vented properly.
If you notice any of these red flags, it is important to have a heating and air professional diagnose the situation as soon as possible. If you have carbon monoxide detectors in your home always make sure they are in porper working condition. Carbon monoxide is not something you want to take lightly. If you notice any of the red flags above, give MTB Heating and Air a call. We will send one of our experienced technicians out to check for carbon monoxide and if it is detected, fix the problem causing the leak.

Skip to content